Rules are simple:
- Write a story, complete in itself.
- Check spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Copy and paste your Story URL to the inLinkz list.
- The story should be up to 250 words.
- Add this line < #TellTaleThursday with Anshu & Priya > at the end of the post.
- Read, comment and share – spread the love.
The picture given below is the prompt of the week. Have fun!
The Final Price
“A ship is safe in the harbor, but that’s not what it’s built for”, saying philosophically, Ron puffed the cigar, and blew away the smoke over Rita’s face.
Rolling her eyes at his obnoxious attitude, Rita coughed and exclaimed “Really!” She was tired of his supercilious attitude. Looking at his salt and pepper hair, she wondered what she had got herself into. For a long time, she had to pretend that she loved him.
Ron puffed slowly savoring every moment. He smiled as he saw her roll her eyes. Looking at her curvy figure, he thought how beautiful she looked on the deck of his yacht. He knew that she didn’t love him. It didn’t matter what she thought of him. He had her as his trophy wife and he was ready to pay the price.
He sipped his poison ‘rock on the scotch’, and looked at her, raising his glass. She smiled. He noticed it wasn’t the ‘usual fake smile’.
Rita smiled genuinely. She didn’t have to wait any longer. He will pay the final price tonight.