Prompt for this week – We have a picture prompt this week. Use the pic given below. Write your story and click on the linky to link your story.
On The Bridge
The decrepit bridge creaked under her feet. She liked the creaking sound it made. Her hair danced with the wind as if they were rejoicing with her. Her ankle played background music. As she danced on the bridge, she noticed a boy sitting in a boat on the lake.
The boy waved at her, she smiled in response. How she loved when strange kids waved at her! They had no inhibitions, unlike grown-ups. Grown-ups appeared all grumpy and insolent. As if she needed to earn their smiles as if it was a trophy. She scoffed. They needed to be taught a lesson every now and then.
She stared into the sky as if summoning someone. A sudden storm erupted, challenging the boat to stay afloat. She noticed the color vanishing from the boy’s father. The haughtiness disappeared from his face, he looked vulnerable as he looked up in the sky. She felt pity. She blinked and the storm disappeared. Smilingly, she waved at the kid.
Don’t forget the #TellTaleThursday rules-
- Write a story, complete in itself.
- Check spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Copy and paste your Story URL to the inLinkz list.
- The story should be up to 250 words.
- Add this line < #TellTaleThursday with Anshu & Priya > at the end of the post.
- Read, comment and share – spread the love.
As always, write bold, write unusual! Have Fun!